Must be at least 18 years old to be considered.
Overview: Position Summary:
The Senior Java Developer will be a part of the transformational journey to deliver a best systems to support AutoNation s business lines, across all channels. The role of the Senior Developer is to collaboratively drive the development and support of our critical business systems for AutoNation including internal and external systems. This role requires deep technical knowledge of high volume and highly transactional systems
Collaborate with Product Owners, QA, PMO, DevOps and other developers to define requirements, design, and develop the web application.
- Analyze, design and develop application solutions and enhancements that meet requirements
- Ensure adherence to programming and enterprise architectural standards
- Complete work assignments and perform appropriate follow up to ensure that tasks are completed on time
- Collaborate with product owners, application users, creative team and other developers to define requirements, design, and develop the web application
- Assist in the rollout of new applications, problem fixes, and enhancements of software
- Support configuration management and deployments of code and configuration items across environments to production
- Create consistent and accurate technical and end-user documentation of implemented applications
- Support the QA team on automation and other scripting requirements
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or similar field (or equivalent experience).
- 5+ years of experience developing mission critical and high throughput systems
- Experience building services utilizing Core Java with frameworks such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC and Apache Camel
- Experience working with relational databases, e.g. MS SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora
- Experience with source controls such as GIT and SubVersion
- Experience producing and consuming SOAP/REST Web Services
- Application performance tuning and optimization.
- Analytical, problem-solving mindset.
- Self-driven with minimal supervision.
- Experience working on a production-critical system.
Experience with ecommerce, retail, automotive, and financing is a plus AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.